Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Thomas Voigt <tv...@gmx.de> on 2008/01/03 13:48:02 UTC

"Trying to override old definition of task" and macros

Hi,

we get some annoying warnings from ant (verified with 1.7.1 alpha from yesterdays nightly build).

We have some macro definitions in a separate file, which is imported from the starting build file and nowhere else. We proceed to import a healthy number of other ant files, with targets calling each other across files.

Now it seems that if often if targets are called across files we get messages "Trying to override old definition of task" for each macro defined in the macro definition file. This is not really a problem, except that we have tens of thousands of these messages in our logs.

Now, this seems like a bug. The macros are imported in one file once, and we shouldn't get these messages. However, unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour with a small test setup - we do use a large number of files (ant scripts, configuration files and custom tasks) so I can't pinpoint the problem.

So the obvious question is: How do we get rid of these messages? :-)

BTW, the macro file looks like

<project>
	<macrodef name="name">
		<sequential>