Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Baliel <mb...@atomogy.com> on 2005/05/27 20:57:59 UTC

Question: Steve Kirk

Hi Steve,

	You seem to be one of the more experienced users of the Tomcat  user
mail-list.  Any thoughts on my precompiled JSP problem?

Any feedback is welcomed.

Best,

Re: Question: Steve Kirk

Posted by Mike Baliel <mb...@atomogy.com>.
Thanks Steve... I feel the same way.  I'm sure someone out there has
done this or has experience with it on Tomcat.

When I encountered the issue two days ago, I spent a fair amount of time
trying to resolve it.  I ran a number of tests and after all attempts
failed, I finally decided yesterday that I would attempt to "defer" to
the user-list.

I am going to give it a few days and see what folks come up with.  If
this runs cold for more than a few more days, I will be back on it myself.

I will make sure I post whatever I find.  The precompiled JSP's are
particularly useful because of the initial loading time and the
opportunity to distribute a WAR where code can stay somewhat hidden. In
my particular case, I have packaged them up in the jar file that is sent
along with the WAR.

As a company we are very fond of open-source and open-systems, but we do
have occasions where what we distribute needs to be a bit of a "black-box".

Best,

RE: Question: Steve Kirk

Posted by Steve Kirk <to...@web-startup.co.uk>.