Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Daniele Anzelmi <da...@student.aau.dk> on 2011/04/14 14:50:41 UTC

jena model really slow

Hi everyone, i'm having some problems with the method add(Model m). It takes more than 10 sec to load a model no longer than 10 rdf descriptions. Is it normal or i need to re-check the syntax of my models?

thanks

Daniele Anzelmi

Re: jena model really slow

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 14:50 +0200, Daniele Anzelmi wrote:
> Hi everyone, i'm having some problems with the method add(Model m). It takes more than 10 sec to load a model no longer than 10 rdf descriptions. Is it normal or i need to re-check the syntax of my models?

Not normal at all.

Do either of the models have inference enabled?

Does the model you are adding include owl:imports (and the model you are
adding to have dynamic imports processing set)?

Is either of the models in a database rather than memory?  If so is the
database connection warm at that point?

Dave