Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jeffery Maass <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/23 20:25:03 UTC

storm and firewalls

Will you explain to me what is happening?  What protocols / ports / port
ranges does Storm use?

I am setting up external firewalls for my storm clusters.  I went to the
default yaml, looking for port #'s / settings, looked at the configs on my
clusters and came up with a list of ports and protocols.  When I went to
verify, I found ports open that I didn't expect.

Below, I am listing the ports that I did not expect / do not understand.

=========================
sudo lsof | head -n 1 && sudo lsof | grep TCP | grep {PID}
----------------------------
COMMAND     PID  TID       USER   FD      TYPE             DEVICE
SIZE/OFF       NODE NAME
----------------------------
nimbus node
java       1324             root   57u     IPv6              10486
0t0        TCP *:58607 (LISTEN)
java       1324             root   59u     IPv6              10488
0t0        TCP *:47473 (LISTEN)
----------------------------
worker node 2
java        650            root   58u     IPv6            1725402
0t0        TCP *:58284 (LISTEN)
java        650            root   60u     IPv6            1725404
0t0        TCP *:55041 (LISTEN)
----------------------------
worker node 3
java       2094            root   58u     IPv6            1735153
0t0        TCP *:59384 (LISTEN)
java       2094            root   60u     IPv6            1735155
0t0        TCP *:49499 (LISTEN)
----------------------------
worker node 4
java       6278            root   58u     IPv6            1763570
0t0        TCP *:40328 (LISTEN)
java       6278            root   60u     IPv6            1763572
0t0        TCP *:42887 (LISTEN)
=========================

FYI - I have accounted for JMX.

Will you explain to me what is happening?  What protocols / ports / port
ranges does Storm use?

+++++++++++++++++++++
Jeff Maass <ma...@gmail.com>
linkedin.com/in/jeffmaass
stackoverflow.com/users/373418/maassql

Re: storm and firewalls

Posted by Jeffery Maass <ma...@gmail.com>.
Bump.

Thank you for your time!

Re: storm and firewalls

Posted by John Reilly <jr...@inconspicuous.org>.
I only see the nimbus process listening on 6627 and the workers listening
on the ports defined in storm.yaml.  UI listens on 8080.