Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Subramanian, Jayantheeswaran" <ja...@merck.com> on 2008/09/09 11:52:23 UTC

Excel issue using Poi.jar

Hi All,

I'm receiving a message prompt "File Error: Data may have been lost"
when I try to open a excel file. This file is getting generated by a web
based application using poi.jar.  The OS I'm trying to open the file is
Windows XP SP2. After clicking "OK" for the message prompt, cell values
in the excel is getting replaced by the value "1024". I found that one
of the Excel patch (Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB943985)v2: EXCEL)
released by Microsoft was giving this issue. When contacted Microsoft,
got a reply saying that poi.jar file has to be developed again by using
the latest excel patch released by Microsoft. Does anyone knows the
latest poi.jar file is available?

Thanks,
Jayantheeswaran S
New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or
MSD and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete it from your system.

RE: Excel issue using Poi.jar

Posted by "Subramanian, Jayantheeswaran" <ja...@merck.com>.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I was out to town for these number of days.

The current version of poi.jar file is 3.1

Our team is responsible for the application. When we contacted
Microsoft, new version of poi.jar file should include the patches
available with Microsoft. Do you have any idea when the next version
release and in the release if this Microsoft patch is included.

Thanks,
Jay

Do you know what version of POI is producing your file? You'll
probably need to talk to the person responsible for the web based
application - is that a private in house app?

Regards,
Dave

Re: Excel issue using Poi.jar

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.