Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/02/22 22:10:34 UTC

Re: RE : Re: Issue with apache Tika

Great to hear!

From: radhia bezzine <be...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12:28 PM
To: Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: RE : Re: Issue with apache Tika

Hi Chris !

I fixed the issue ! it was not so complicated ! a problem of version ! the recent version doesn t work for me but the version 1.15 works fine.

Thank you very much.

Good Night !

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 6:42 PM, bezzineradhia <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello !

Thanks i ll try it tomorrow ! I ll let you know !

Regards !

Radhia

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

From: radhia bezzine <be...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 6:03 AM
To: "Mattmann, Chris A (1761)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Issue with apache Tika

Hello Dear !

I hope your are doing well.

I am writing to you because i have an issue running apache Tika on Python.

I'm trying to parse content & metadata from many urls (existing in the internet)

however Tika returns some times an error like " invalid argument "

i troubleshooted  the problem and i realized that some url include forbidden characters that is why apache tika mention " invalid argument "

I really don't know how to deal with this problem, i tried other tools but i think tika is matching with my need.

Thank you very much for you time.

Best regards!

Radhia

Re: RE : Re: Issue with apache Tika

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
No clue - Radhia - perhaps you can enlighten everyone..?

    Um, no, that's not great.  What's wrong with our current version? 😊

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.