Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/17 17:49:45 UTC

Build failures on trunk.

Hi, I tried to do a build of trunk, using a checkout from etp with the BDB
message store. Got the following:

c:\home\rupert\etp\trunk\qpid\java\bdbstore\src\main\java\org\apache\qpid\server\store\berkeleydb\txn\TransactionManagerImpl.java:[39,7]
org
.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.txn.TransactionManagerImpl is not
abstract and does not override abstract method configure(org.apache.q
pid.server.messageStore.MessageStore,java.lang.String,
org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration) in
org.apache.qpid.server.txn.Transact
ionManager

c:\home\rupert\etp\trunk\qpid\java\bdbstore\src\main\java\org\apache\qpid\server\store\berkeleydb\BDBMessageStore.java:[1264,46]
cannot find
 symbol
symbol  : constructor NonTransactionalContext(
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.BDBMessageStore,
org.apache.qpid.server.store.StoreCont
location: class org.apache.qpid.server.txn.NonTransactionalContext

c:\home\rupert\etp\trunk\qpid\java\bdbstore\src\main\java\org\apache\qpid\server\store\berkeleydb\BDBMessageStore.java:[1284,37]
cannot find
 symbol
symbol  : constructor AMQMessage(long,
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.BDBMessageStore,
org.apache.qpid.server.queue.MessageHandleFact
ory,org.apache.qpid.server.txn.TransactionalContext)
location: class org.apache.qpid.server.queue.AMQMessage

Rupert

Re: Fwd: Build failures on trunk.

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 17:12 +0100, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> Arnaud, Rupert
>
> We probably ought not discuss the BDB store too much on the apache
> list...  since the BDB store is not part of the apache project.
>
> Moreover we really need to
>
> 1) Change the package names used in the BDB store to be etp rather
> than org.apache
> 2) Change the licensing to LGPL as we cannot use the Apache license on
> this code and have it depend on the GPL BDB library.

You are right Rob. I will synchronize with Rupert off list for doing
that.

Cheers

Arnaud

Re: Build failures on trunk.

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.
Hi Rupet,

I am on it, I'll fix that tomorrow.

Cheers

Arnaud

Re: Build failures on trunk.

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
There are some crash recovery tests. Some are generic to persistent message
stores, one is specific to the 'other' persistent message store
implementation.

The test works by sending messages (without receiving), batched into
transactions, and can be set up to stop after a certain number have been
sent (which can be conveniently arranged to be mid-transaction, if you
like). Then it waits for the user to press a key to continue, re-connects
and recieves the message, and compares the sent to received. You should get
back everything that was in a committed transaction. You can also CTRL-C or
kill the broker mid-way through the sending (its done slowly by default to
give you time to do this), in order to simulate a real crash.

There is also an optional 'trigger' method that can be used to extend the
test. This is used to trigger a hot-backup of the message store to test the
backup/restore scenario.

Tests can be found in the classes PingDurableClient and BackupTestClient
(with hot-backup trigger). I think both have main methods you can call which
are configured with some reasonable defaults. The Javadoc lists other
parameters you can set (in addition to those listed in the parent
PingPongProducer class).

That should get you started anyway...

Rupert

Re: Build failures on trunk.

Posted by Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com>.
I have done it but I may have checked the code at the wrong location.

Re: Build failures on trunk.

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.