Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Pascal Voitot Dev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/15 01:09:57 UTC

[PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

Hi people,

Just to tell you that I wrote an article about my latest experiment about
(at least trying) using Scalaz-Stream with Spark.

You can find the article here: http://mandubian.com/2014/02/13/zpark/

Best regards
Pascal

Re: [PoC] ZPark-Ztream : driving spark stream with scalaz-stream

Posted by Pascal Voitot Dev <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM, Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>wrote:

> Yup, that's pretty cool!  Nice work.  One niggle, though: Where you have
> "Ok folks, now, we have a discretized stream of Int..." I believe you mean
> "...stream of Long...."

yes you're completely right and have got good eyes ;)
(Actually I changed a few times the types so...)

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.

Posted by Pascal Voitot Dev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Great!

This is draft code just made to experience the idea ;)
But it's pretty convincing that it can work!
Not exactly the same approach as DStream making it quite interesting in my
opinion. There is a lot more to investigate.

Pascal

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Luis Ángel Vicente Sánchez <