Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com> on 2006/08/23 22:43:35 UTC

Cargo & Tomcat

Anybody using cargo with tomcat?

I�m curious about how you deal with quick dev cycle changes where you
might want to push 1 file but don�t want to do an entire build to do so.

D-

RE: Cargo & Tomcat

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
I just located tomcat-maven-plugin at codehaus and cargo doesn’t seem to be listed. Is tomcat-maven-plugin the cargo replacement?

Also, in the maven book, I read about a continuous deploy for jetty. Is there anything like that available for tomcat?

RE: Cargo & Tomcat

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.

No it won't. It'll only pick up the modified files in your src/main/webapp
dir.

> Or do I have to use
> war:inplace (which I'd rather not)?

Please use the cargo list for discussing cargo-related stuff.

Thanks
-Vincent

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Thu Aug 24 09:27:01 GMT 2006

Re: Cargo & Tomcat

Posted by Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>.
On 24.08.2006, at 00:03, Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Doug,

classes/ and jars from my local m2 repository? Or do I have to use
war:inplace (which I'd rather not)?

Cheers,
-Ralph.

RE: Cargo & Tomcat

Posted by Vincent Massol <vi...@massol.net>.
Hi Doug,

In the future please use the Cargo mailing list for any cargo-related
question.

BTW we are accepting documentation patches so if you have a good experience
using it and you want to document it we'd love that! :-)

Thanks
-Vincent

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Wed Aug 23 21:27:00 GMT 2006