Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ng...@kouame.us on 2006/07/12 05:58:27 UTC

WordExtractor & dependencies

Hi all,

I am trying to use the org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor class
to extract texts from MS Word documents. It is used in a web application
under Tomcat. I downloaded POI and installed the following .jar files to
my application's /lib directory:
poi-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar, poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar,
poi-contrib-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar.
However, the class WordExtractor cannot be found by the compiler
(compilation error). Am I missing something (dependencies, jar files,
...)?

Thank you in advance.

Nguessan

Re: WordExtractor & dependencies

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, nguessan@kouame.us wrote:
> poi-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar, poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar,
> poi-contrib-3.0-alpha2-20060616.jar.
> However, the class WordExtractor cannot be found by the compiler
> (compilation error). Am I missing something (dependencies, jar files,
> ...)?

Those are all the jars you need. It sounds like your tomcat or build
environment isn't finding the jars properly, which isn't a poi issue.

Nick