Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com> on 2004/02/20 16:15:47 UTC

[vote] VelocityTools 1.1-rc1 release

it's about time to do a release candidate. here's a vote, let's make it quick.
:)
Vote:  Velocity Tools 1.1-rc1 release
[ ] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
[ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
[ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
[ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Re: VelocityTools Patch (javadoc fix)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Nathan Bubna said:
> Nathan Green said:
> > I noticed a lot of javadoc warnings when building the tools, so I
> > grabbed the CVS source, fixed them, then diff'ed it.  The diff is
> > attached.  All of the changes are minor, no actual code is changed
> > anywhere, only javadoc comments and a couple package.html files.
>
> you are now officially my hero!  those warnings have been irritating me for
> months, but i never had the time to fix them.
>
> i'll try out the patch and get it checked in as soon as i can.

done and done.  thanks again!  no we'll just see if we can keep from
accumulating those again. :)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: VelocityTools Patch (javadoc fix)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Re: VelocityTools Contribution [ClassTool]

Posted by Nathan Green <ng...@inco5.com>.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Nathan Green wrote:
>
>> Given the discussion on velocity-users concerning 'instanceof',
>> I created a tool that provides that functionality, along with
>> a couple other minor features.  Then, I tested it (everything
>> works fine) and added javadocs.
>>
>> I've attached my code, which should be 100% ready for inclusion
>> in VelocityTools.  I downloaded rc1 and it builds fine and goes
>> through javadoc with no errors.  So do we vote on this, or what?
>

> I taped my mouth shut.  I wanted to see how long it took before someone
> did this, or even when MNewcomb turned the corner and offered it..

Somehow I didn't think he would ever get around to it.  I spent more
time writing my replies than I did coding this tool, and I expect
it would have been the same for him, if he bothered to try writing a
tool.  Anyway, I felt like making a contribution, and this was an easy
excuse to do so.

> Any related tools aready in tools?
>
> geir

Not that I can tell.  There may be a bit of similarity with
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.ViewToolInfo but I don't see how it
really fits into that package.  It just doesn't make sense to me
to put it anywhere but in 'generic'.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@4quarters.com

Re: VelocityTools Contribution [ClassTool]

Posted by Paulo Silveira <pa...@paulo.com.br>.
Nathan Green wrote:

> Well then I suppose I need to contact get on the Commons mailing list.
> The really important function [instanceOf(Object,String)] doesn't seem
> to have an equivalent in ClassUtils.

$classUtilsTool.isAssignable($object.class, "com.package.YourClass")

.class will getClass(). just beautiful.

Paulo Silveira

Re: VelocityTools Contribution [ClassTool]

Posted by Nathan Green <ng...@inco5.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Posted by Nathan Green <ng...@inco5.com>.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

RE: [result] [vote] VelocityTools 1.1-rc1 release

Posted by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com>.
> we have 3 committer +1s (geir, marino, me)
> and one contributor +1 (claude)

+1 from the peanut gallery ;-)

[result] [vote] VelocityTools 1.1-rc1 release

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Nathan Bubna said:
> it's about time to do a release candidate. here's a vote, let's make it
quick.
> :)
> Vote:  Velocity Tools 1.1-rc1 release
> [ ] +1  I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0  I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0  I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1  I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

we have 3 committer +1s (geir, marino, me)
and one contributor +1 (claude)

since i can't fathom a veto coming from Daniel or one of our inactive
committers, i think we can go ahead and move on this one.

i'll see if i can't roll this out today.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

Re: [vote] VelocityTools 1.1-rc1 release

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@savoirweb.com>.
I guess I'm +1 then (except I won't help support struts tools which I don't use)

CloD

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

Posted by "Marinó A. Jónsson" <ma...@centrum.is>.