Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Sric <sc...@funmobility.com> on 2007/10/26 23:19:44 UTC

Spring Client http-conf ReceiveTimeout error

I have deployed a Spring/CXF JAX-WS soap service using CXF 2.0. In order to
fix the issue #922 with the spring client, I have modified the client to run
with a snapshot build and updated dependencies. I specify the
http:conduit-client receive timeout to be 90 secs.
xmlns:http-conf="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-conf.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd">

             <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml"/>
             <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-binding.xml" />
             <import
resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-jetty.xml" />
            <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

  <http-conf:conduit
name="{http://myservice.services.fm.com/}MyServicePort.http-conduit">
    <http-conf:client ReceiveTimeout="90000"/>
  </http-conf:conduit>

    <bean id="sClientFactory"
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsProxyFactoryBean">
             <property name="serviceClass"
value="com.fm.services.MyService"/>
             <property name="address"
value="http://myhost:8080/myservice/services/soap/myservice/"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="soapClient" class="com.fm.services.IMyService"
      factory-bean="sClientFactory" factory-method="create"/>

</beans>

I can verify from printing out the 'HTTPClientPolicy.getReceiveTimeout()'
that the value of 90000 is sticking unlike with the 2.0 version, however my
client still timesout after exactly 30 secs. Is there any other changes I
need to make to override the default recieve timeout in the client? Any
clues what might be causing this discrepancy? I now see the following errors
from my client:

Oct 26, 2007 2:08:08 PM org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
doIntercept
INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Connection refused: connect
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.writePar
ts(AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.java:75)
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.BareOutInterceptor.handleMessage(BareOutIn
terceptor.java:68)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseIntercept
orChain.java:207)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:254)
        at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:205)
        at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134)

Re: Spring Client http-conf ReceiveTimeout error

Posted by Willem2 <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi,

This is a bug of CXF configuration which can't consumer the configuration
file at the same time with client beans creating.
You can get more information here[1].
It was fixed by DanKulp few weeks ago, and it is in the latest CXF2.0.3
SNAPSHOT now.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-922

Willem.