Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/15 01:47:55 UTC

Request for the Sling Feature Converter Maven Plugin to become a Sling Module

Hi

I am aware that this is a long shot but this Maven Plugin can make life easier for User that want to convert Sling into a Feature as well as launching Sling FM with their Content Packages.

The ticket for this request is: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8490 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8490>

The project right now is in the Sling Whitespace under branch ‘sling-feature-converter-maven-plugin’ but I will merge this into the ‘master’ branch today or tomorrow.

I use this Plugin to evaluate issues with Content Packages (see https://github.com/schaefa/cpconverter-ssue-fm-starter/tree/issue/package-group <https://github.com/schaefa/cpconverter-ssue-fm-starter/tree/issue/package-group>) which allows me to easily take a Content Package and spin up a Sling FM instance.

This is also used for the Peregrine CMS where we create a Peregrine CMS instance that is started with all content packages installed when the Sling FM instances starts.

There is one sticky point:
- In order to get an End-2-End scenario working the FM instance needs to be launched. I am not sure where to place it. From my point of view it is better off in the Sling Feature Maven Plugin as this is the final stage and it not really related to converting anything but I am not sure where you want to place it.

Cheers - Andy Schaefer

Re: Request for the Sling Feature Converter Maven Plugin to become a Sling Module

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
I've created the repo

  https://github.com/apache/sling-feature-converter-maven-plugin

It should become writable in one hour or so.

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Andreas Schaefer <sc...@me.com.INVALID>.
Hi Robert