Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by "Cassel, David" <da...@lmco.com> on 2009/01/15 19:12:02 UTC

Abdera output based on Accept header

Hello,

I'm setting up some Abdera-based feeds and I'd like to offer the users
of the feeds the choice of whether to get atom+xml or json as output. I
see on the Abdera website
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ABDERA/JSON+Serialization)
that there is a JSON serialization mechanism built in. I ran some tests,
stepping through the code looking for where to put in a hook to make the
JSON/Atom decision based on the header, but I didn't see a place to do
so. I'll keep looking, but is there a resource somewhere that shows how
to do this? AbderaServer.output() is private, so I couldn't override
that even if I thought that were the right way to go.

Thanks,

Dave.

David Cassel

Staff Software Engineer