Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH" <s....@proio.com> on 2017/09/04 10:15:43 UTC

somebody experience with bare metal?

Hello,

I have 2 questions and hope somebody can share his/her experience with me:
1) Does somebody have experience with bare metal servers in an advanced network environment?

2) As far as I understand the docu correctly bare metal servers will only work with Force10 switches because of automated network port configuration of the uplink port for the physical servers.
We are using Juniper EX switches and I found a plugin called Network Guru Plugin from Juniper Networks (http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/topic-map/cloudstack-network-guru-plugin.html).
Does anybody know or using thus plugin?

Thanks to all!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: somebody experience with bare metal?

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@accelerite.com>.
This does not include configuring VLAN on the switch and I don’t think it is integrated in baremetal deployment flow. So we may need to write our own.

AW: somebody experience with bare metal?

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@accelerite.com>.
Hi,