Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/11 16:32:05 UTC

some questions

I'm about to start moving forward on a site that I took over a couple of
months back.  All the hardware and configuration issues seem to be ironed
out, and I am beginning to redo large portions of the site.  The product
portion of the site is currently html pages and not generated html pages,
these are hand-coded and hand maintainted html pages.  I'm targetting these
for removal and redesign, since they are ugly to boot.

Anyway my questions are this.  Should I start implementing pieces like
load-balancing, database connection pooling, and caching, gzip output in the
new pieces so that when I sweep through the rest of the code base later that
I wont have to go back and redo everthing.  Currently the other parts of the
site are using a clumsy home brewed odbc connection to the db.  And none of
the connections are serialized so doing load-balancing and session sharing
wont work on the old section as I have been told.

Any thoughts?