Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by mksplg <mk...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/26 14:58:09 UTC

Embedded CID font subset in PDF/A-3a

I'm trying to generate invoices in PDF/A-3a embedding a subset of the Open
Sans font with FOP 2.2.

Unfortunately the generated pdf is not valid according to VeraPDF:

Specification: ISO 19005-3:2012, Clause: 6.2.11.4, Test number: 4
If the FontDescriptor dictionary of an embedded CID font contains a CIDSet
stream, then it shall identify all CIDs which are present in the font
program, regardless of whether a CID in the font is referenced or used by
the PDF or not.

Another PDF validator https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx also
shows an error message:

Validating file "test.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-3b
The value of the CIDSet[1] of font EAAAAA+OpenSans-Regular is false but must
be true.
[...]
The value of the CIDSet[11] of font EAAAAA+OpenSans-Regular is false but
must be true.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document contains fonts without embedded font programs or encoding
information (CMAPs).
The document does not conform to the PDF/A-3b standard.

The font I'm trying to embed is OpenSans-Regular.ttf downloaded from Font
Squirrel. When I fully embed the pdf is valid (but of course much larger).
Generating a PDF/A-1 also produces a valid pdf (but I need PDF/A-3).

I've found some issues and related forum posts but none of them provided a
solution.

Is this a bug in FOP or some other setting that I'm missing?

Cheers,
Markus

--
Sent from: http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-Users-f3.html