Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Samuel García Martínez <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 17:29:27 UTC

Boosting near terms

Hi all, i have a question about boosting a given doc based on query terms
proximity.

*query*: dog food*doc1*: "my dog eat food"*doc2*: "i have purchased
the dog food on amazon paying with paypal"

Current scoring tf/idf algorithm scores higher doc1 because length
normalization.

Is there any method to boost terms proximity for a given field?
I'm using dismax query parser.

--
Un saludo,
Samuel García.

Re: Boosting near terms

Posted by Samuel García Martínez <sa...@gmail.com>.
I just read the edismax pf functionality and it covers all my needs.

Many thanks :)

--
Un saludo,
Samuel García.