Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/03/15 04:11:44 UTC

maven-maven-plugin vs. maven-invoker-plugin

This is mostly aimed at Prasad...

But I think we should start using the maven-invoker-plugin to run the
bits under testsuite/*

As I recall the only reason I created maven-maven-plugin was to set
the list of profiles the child executed under.  Unfortunately its not
terribly easy to add this to the maven-invoker-plugin, since the API
which that plugin uses (the core maven-invoker bits) does not expose
control over the profiles to be used.

BUT... should be easy enough to simply set a property and use
activation to flip them on.

I've recently decided I like the maven-invoker-plugin much more,
since it produces by default little output for child builds and
clearly states which ones fail.  One of the things I don't like about
our testsuite/* is that if you run it from the top-level you get a
*ton* of output and its hard to tell which pass and which don't.

  * * *

I'm not going to change anything right now... but I think we should
consider dropping maven-maven-plugin and just using maven-invoker-
plugin.

What do you think?

--jason