Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by he...@dnbnor.no on 2005/03/16 11:43:26 UTC

Myfaces and WebSphere 5

Hi

Regarding WAS5, I have narrowed it down to a problem with the logging
API. After searching through thw logs, I stumbled upon this :

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.commons.logging.TrLogFactory
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:609)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:561)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:352)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.<clinit>(Startup
ServletContextListener.java:81)

There is a recipee for using commons.logging for WAS which I will take a
look at.

Hermod

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
I would be suprised if logging was causing your original
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application" message.

What basis do you have for this?  I know you saw something in your WAS
logs but its possible that they are unrelated.

sean

Re: Myfaces and WebSphere 5

Posted by Heath Borders <he...@gmail.com>.

--