Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/18 20:26:40 UTC

SSVM Template

How do you know if the secondary storage vm is downloading the CentOS
template? I am seeing the following even though my SSVM is running....

2013-07-18 14:26:07,813 DEBUG
[storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null) Zone 1
is ready to launch secondary storage VM

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
Agreed Carlos

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Mir Islam <mi...@mirislam.com>.
Restart the iptables. Without that the host will not be able to route the traffic to your VM. There definitely is some issue when host,nfs and management are running on the same box and with your iptables rules. But theoretically, secondary storage is needed when you download a template/iso or when you are starting an instance. So you can turn off the iptables, download the iso/vm. Then start the instance and turn on iptables back again. Then you should be able to get to the hosts via console proxy or direct ssh. Ofcourse that is not the solution. But a quick workaround.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
Looks like a problem with your configured DNS server.  Try Google's:

$ dig +short 192-168-2-203.realhostip.com @8.8.8.8
192.168.2.203

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
http://pastebin.com/M3vtsNRX

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
That was it!

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Bradley Hieber <me...@gmail.com>.
I'm just building the proof of concept on my computer at home. We don't
have the budget for a test and dev environment.

--
Brad

Re: SSVM Template

Posted by Caleb Call <ca...@me.com>.