Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sagar Shah <sa...@softhome.net> on 2006/06/24 09:15:02 UTC

Re: [mp2] 'make test' problems building mod_perl 2.0.2 on Solaris 8

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 14:17 -0700, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Sagar R. Shah wrote:
> > t/apache/content_length_header.t               27    1   3.70%  17
> > t/api/status.t                                  6    2  33.33%  4-5
> These are expected and fixed already in SVN (me).  2.0.3 will include this.
> No code changes, just test changes as to account for httpd complying more correctly
> to the RFCs.  If you search the archives for the test names, you'll see the previous posts
> and fixes.
>
> As I'm going increasly tired of answering this question

Sorry, I didn't think of searching for the name of the actual test, also
I used the first archives link from the mod_perl website, and afaiks it
doesn't let you search:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl
So I gave up after waging through quite a few messasges

> , I'm thinking of making an
> 'Expected' test failures page on the mp2 site....
>
> Thoughts ?

If this has happened for other tests in in the past, then yes this would
be a good idea to cut down on having to repeat yourself.

Alternatively one could re-order the mailing list archive links and in
the guidelines for posting to the list suggest that before reporting a
test failure problem you search for the test name for dumb ppl like
me :)

--
Sagar Shah <sa...@softhome.net>
Blog: http://sagsshah.livejournal.com/

Re: [mp2] 'make test' problems building mod_perl 2.0.2 on Solaris 8

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Sagar Shah wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 14:17 -0700, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Sagar R. Shah wrote:
>>> t/apache/content_length_header.t               27    1   3.70%  17
>>> t/api/status.t                                  6    2  33.33%  4-5
>> These are expected and fixed already in SVN (me).  2.0.3 will include this.
>> No code changes, just test changes as to account for httpd complying more correctly
>> to the RFCs.  If you search the archives for the test names, you'll see the previous posts
>> and fixes.
>>
>> As I'm going increasly tired of answering this question
>
> Sorry, I didn't think of searching for the name of the actual test, also
> I used the first archives link from the mod_perl website, and afaiks it
> doesn't let you search:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl
> So I gave up after waging through quite a few messasges
no problem.
I actually added that and added first as its the actual ASF archives.
At some point, they will be adding searching to it.  Its supposed to be
in development.... Personally, for a Google Summer of Code, I think it
turned out fantastically.

> Alternatively one could re-order the mailing list archive links and in
> the guidelines for posting to the list suggest that before reporting a
> test failure problem you search for the test name for dumb ppl like
> me :)
Anyone else got an opinion on this ?