Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2012/09/09 15:16:10 UTC

Re: http PATCH support?

Paul,

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Did you see this, very recent, work by Mark Nottingham:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-03

Thanks,

--
NS

Re: http PATCH support?

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
I have a lot of faith in Mark Nottingham. If I was going to put my money on
anyone, it would be him.  (Look up his contributions to WebArch in general.
Also, he co-authored the Atom spec, for example.) I think it would be worth
a punt. (Easy to say as the person who wont be coding it.) And I agree,
that if we ship an alpha compat for this, we might help snowball adoption.

--
NS

Re: http PATCH support?

Posted by Lars Gierth <la...@gmail.com>.
There's already work on a Ruby implementation by Aaron Patterson. Might
serve as an example: https://github.com/tenderlove/hana

Re: http PATCH support?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.