Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shea <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 20:51:25 UTC

mapping jar plugin pattern to specific output location in jar...

Hello,

I am creating 3 "classifier"-differentiated jars from a single pom - each on
contains the same classes, but different resources.  The resources end up in
the equivalent of "classes/mystuff/a", "classes/mystuff/b", and
"classes//mystuff/c" where a, b, and c are the respective resources I want
for each of my jars.

I have three jar plugins configured as below, each in its own execution:

<configuration>
                            <classifier>a</classifier>
                            <includes>
                                <include>**/model/**/*.class</include>
                                <include>mystuff/a/**</include>
                            </includes>
                        </configuration>

This mostly works (I get three jars), except that the jars retain the
mystuff/a structure when what I want is to have it in the root of the jar
(i.e. suppress the mystuff/a structure and write contents into the root of
the jar).  Is there a way to do this, maybe with a slightly different
include pattern?  The other alternative I am considering are to have 3
separate artifacts that get their classes from a common parent or dependency
via the dependency plugin, but this seems pretty inconvenient.  Any other
ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Shea.