Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Claus Bech Rasmussen - TELMORE <cb...@telmore.dk> on 2004/10/11 12:57:35 UTC

A couple of deployment questions

Hi all,

I'm building a .war file and trying to deploy my Forrest setup on
Tomcat. A few things don't work quite the way I expect them to when I
deploy. The following issues don't exist when running a local Jetty, but
only when I deploy:

1. I've moved the xdocs directory to src/xdocs and changed
forrest.properties accordingly. In the deployed webapp, Forrest
understands that it should now look in src/xdocs, but the directory
isn't packaged in the .war file, so no documents are deployed.

2. When deploying as a webapp the paths are of course all prefixed with
the webapp name, so instead of requesting /mydir/myfile.html I'm now
requesting /myapp/mydir/myfile.xml. This seems to break images when
creating PDFs? They work fine in HTML but aren't included in the PDFs. I
should mention that I also moved the image directory, but again,
forrest.properties knows this.

3. I simply can't build a .war with lucene as the desired provider. It's
trying to index files that shipped with the original distribution? It
chokes on looking for "mirrors.xml" which I removed, but wich has also
been removed from site.xml.

/claus

Re: A couple of deployment questions

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Claus Bech Rasmussen - TELMORE wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm building a .war file and trying to deploy my Forrest setup on
> Tomcat. A few things don't work quite the way I expect them to when I
> deploy. The following issues don't exist when running a local Jetty, but
> only when I deploy:
>
> 1. I've moved the xdocs directory to src/xdocs and changed
> forrest.properties accordingly. In the deployed webapp, Forrest
> understands that it should now look in src/xdocs, but the directory
> isn't packaged in the .war file, so no documents are deployed.

Try setting project.content-dir=src  IIRC, it uses that property to
determine what to package.

> 2. When deploying as a webapp the paths are of course all prefixed with
> the webapp name, so instead of requesting /mydir/myfile.html I'm now
> requesting /myapp/mydir/myfile.xml. This seems to break images when
> creating PDFs? They work fine in HTML but aren't included in the PDFs. I
> should mention that I also moved the image directory, but again,
> forrest.properties knows this.

Where are your images located and how are you referencing them?  Our PDF
generation can't find images as well as HTML files.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal