Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si> on 2006/02/03 07:52:59 UTC

[Configuration] XML Schema for configuration.xml

Hello,

Oliver  -  I finished the first version of the schema yesterday evening.
It looks like this:

    http://borut.aza-ms.si/pic/CommonsConfigurationSchema.png
    http://borut.aza-ms.si/pic/CommonsConfigurationSchemaOpen.png

The source:

    http://borut.aza-ms.si/schema/CommonsConfiguration-0.1.xsd

Usage example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://borut.aza-ms.si/schema/CommonsConfiguration-0.1.xsd">
    <properties fileName="prop1.properties"/>
    <xml fileName="prop2.xml"/>
    <jndi prefix="java:comp/env"/>
    <additional>
        <xml fileName="prop2-1.xml"></xml>
    </additional>
</configuration>

Please try it out on your examples. At the moment no user elements are
allowed.

Cheers,
Borut

Re: [Configuration] XML Schema for configuration.xml

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si>.
On 6.2.2006 21:22, Oliver Heger wrote:
> Hi Borut,
>
> I checked in the schema file in the conf sub directory - as an initial
> starting point. When it is final we can think about the best place for
> it (e.g. we can tweak the build to copy it to a schemas directory when
> the site is generated or something like that).

Any public server in mind?
> I will now start with the implementation of the enhanced features for
> ConfigurationFactory, which will probably cause some changes to the
> schema.
No problem, it will need changes nevertheless.
> Will post again when I have some results. Do you monitor the
> developer's list, too?

Nope, but I just might to.
> Thank you very much.
> Oliver

Regards,
Borut

bLOG <http://www.delo.si/blog/borutb/>
--
Naključna *izjava tedna* iz tednika Mladina:

Re: [Configuration] XML Schema for configuration.xml

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.
Hi Borut,

I checked in the schema file in the conf sub directory - as an initial
starting point. When it is final we can think about the best place for
it (e.g. we can tweak the build to copy it to a schemas directory when
the site is generated or something like that).

I will now start with the implementation of the enhanced features for
ConfigurationFactory, which will probably cause some changes to the
schema. Will post again when I have some results. Do you monitor the
developer's list, too?

Thank you very much.
Oliver