Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pratik Patel <pr...@semandex.net> on 2018/06/27 19:58:03 UTC

String concatenation in Streaming Expressions

Hello,

Is there a function which can be used in Streaming Expressions to
concatenate two strings? I want to use it just like add(1,2) in a Streaming
Expression. Essentially, I want to achieve something as follows.

select(
search(..),
conceptid as foo,
        storeid as bar
        concat(foo,bar) as id
)

I can use merge() function but my streaming expression is quite complex and
that will make it even more complex as that would be a round about way of
doing it. Any idea how this can be achieved?

Thanks,
Pratik

Re: String concatenation in Streaming Expressions

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>.
I think there is a bug here in your query, the syntax is : concat(fields=\"fieldA,fieldB\", as=\"fieldABConcat\", delim=\"-\")"

Try this:

select(
search(collection1,q="*:*",fl="conceptid",sort="conceptid
asc",fq=storeid:"59c03d21d997b97bf47b3eeb",fq=schematype:"Article",fq=tags:"genetics",
qt="/export"),
conceptid as conceptid,
storeid as "test_",
concat(fields=\"conceptid,storeid\", as=\”blah\”, delim=\"-\")
)

Posted by Pratik Patel <pr...@semandex.net>.
Thanks Aroop,

Posted by Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_6_4/solr/solrj/src/test/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/io/stream/ops/ConcatOperationTest.java <https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/branch_6_4/solr/solrj/src/test/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/io/stream/ops/ConcatOperationTest.java>

> On Jun 27, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> It should, but 6.6.* has some issues of things not working per documentation.
> Try using 7+.
>
>> On Jun 27, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Pratik Patel <pr...@semandex.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks a lot for help!
>>
>> Looks like this is a recent addition? It doesn't work for me in version
>> 6.6.4
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 4:18 PM, Aroop Ganguly <ar...@icloud.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So it will become: