Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2021/03/15 22:26:14 UTC

Preparing for UD 1.0 Models Vote

Before starting a second release vote thread for the OpenNLP models and
since this is the first release of pretrained OpenNLP models, I would like
to pause to solicit feedback from the community in regards to the release
configuration.

- The files are staged on the ASF dev SVN at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/opennlp/ud-models-1.0/.
- The model files are signed and hashed.
- Includes README, CHANGES, NOTICE, and LICENSE files.
- The training and evaluation outputs are in the training-eval-logs.zip
file (also signed and hashed).

Please let me know if anything is missing or should be changed. Once things
are in a good state I will make a PR to document the steps on the website
(OPENNLP-1328) and start a vote thread.

ASF Release Creation Process:
https://infra.apache.org/release-publishing.html

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: Preparing for UD 1.0 Models Vote

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com.INVALID>.
That all makes sense to me. Voting for the models does seem prudent for the reasons you mention — these are sort of new problems to have and I don’t think it’s very well established what the right answer is so validating consensus even if not obligated makes sense.

-joey

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.

From that page https://incubator.apache.org/guides/distribution.html:

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com.INVALID>.