Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by FONTDEVILA Diego <Di...@bsg.com.ar> on 2004/01/28 19:53:18 UTC

Out of memory error

Hi,
	I'm testing my service to its limit, having it return 11,000 rows,
and having trouble.

	I'm getting an OutOfMemoryError (in both the client and server)
while serializing the result set with some custom serializers, written as
imitations of the ones that come with Axis.

	I have already disabled logging (I had also performance problems, of
course), but would like to know if anyone has any other tunning tips to help
me make better use of my resources.

	I know I will probably have to change the service so that it doesn't
have to work with so many rows at a time, but I decided attempt to do some
improvements.

	Thanks in advance,

Diego Fontdevila
Canales Alternativos - Desarrollo de Sistemas
Banco Société Générale
diego.fontdevila@bsg.com.ar
4324-8795

http://www.portalsociete.com
Visítenos, lo estamos esperando.

La información aquí contenida es confidencial y está dirigida
solamente a las personas direccionadas en el mail.
No debe ser considerada como recomendación de compra o venta
de valores. Todo acceso no autorizado, uso, reproducción, o
divulgación está prohibido.
Ni SOCIETE GENERALE ni ninguna de sus subsidiarias o filiales
asumirán responsabilidad ni obligación legal alguna por cualquier
información incorrecta o alterada contenida en este mensaje.

The information contained herein is confidential and is intended
solely for the addressee(s).  It shall not be construed as a
recommendation to buy or sell any security.  Any unauthorized
access, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination is prohibited.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall assume any legal liability or responsibility for any incorrect,
misleading or altered information contained herein.

Re: Out of memory error

Posted by Airline Pedestal <ai...@yahoo.com>.

You could add something like this to your
Tomcat file: catalina.bat to increase
the heap size.

set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms128m -Xmx256m

You can also use this parameters when starting
the client to increase the heap size.

java -Xms128m -Xmx256m com.xxx.Client

-Xms:  this is inital heap size
-Xmx:  this is max heap size