Posted to commits@harmony.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/03/05 17:32:30 UTC

[Harmony Wiki] Update of "Google Summer Of Code 2008 Projects Proposals" by SianJanuary

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Harmony Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SianJanuary:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2008_Projects_Proposals

  9. '''Build a garbage collector for C/C++ programs on the top of Harmony'''.[[BR]]
  One may notice a lack of open source effective parallel GC implementation for C/C++ programs. For example, Parrot (Perl 6) community expressed an [http://www.perl6.org/perl6-internals/2007-10/msg00091.html interest] in attaching our GC to their code base. If numbers would show some benefit, we might get another customer for our code base. Successful completion of GC library on the top of Harmony would teach a person in refactoring skills and give a good background in garbage collection.

+ 10. '''Implement one of the JDK's command line tools'''.[[BR]]
+ Harmony is missing several of the tools that ship with the JDK, including appletviewer, jar, javadoc, javaws and javap.  For this task you would implement one of these tools, either in Java or C/C++ if preferred.
+