Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ype Kingma <yk...@xs4all.nl> on 2002/10/02 21:05:08 UTC

1.2 source jar incomplete?

Hello,

I just downloaded the lucene-1.2-src jar but to my suprise it only contains
the analysis and queryParser packages in org/apache/lucene.
Is the source jar incomplete or am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards,
Ype

Re: 1.2 source jar incomplete?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@lucene.com>.
Ype Kingma wrote:
> I extracted again, and found my problem:
> One of the extracted files is lucene-1.2-src.jar. When unzipping this you
> get a directory tree with only the directories mentioned.

As I recall, this jar contains only those java "source" files that are
generated by JavaCC.  I don't recall who added this jar into the
distribution, but I assume it was to make it possible for folks to
compile without installing JavaCC.

Doug

Re: 1.2 source jar incomplete?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Judging from a very cursory look at build.xml I'd say it's probably due
to how the source build process is set up.

Target package-tgz-src depends on package-src, which in turn depends on
jar-src, which creates that jar, that then gets packages in a .tar.gz
file by the first target.

Otis

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2/lucene-1.2-src.tar.gz

Re: 1.2 source jar incomplete?