Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mikey <mi...@zenbitz.com> on 2010/11/11 17:28:04 UTC

Broker URI configuration causing SAX errors

I have a JNDI configuration for an embedded broker in my Tomcat context.xml,
I'm trying to use the broker uri syntax to configure the broker and having
varied luck.  My configuration works until I try to add the useJmx option to
the URI.  When I add useJmx=false I get the following on tomcat startup:

SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 37 column 134: The reference to entity
"broker.useJmx" must end with the ';' delimiter.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "broker.useJmx" must
end with the ';' delimiter.>...at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong in my broker config
syntax?

Here is my resource in tomcat:

<Resource name="jms/connectionFactory" auth="Container"
    type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
    description="JMS Connection Factory Home"
    factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
    brokerURL="vm://localhost?broker.persistent=false"
              brokerName="sharedAuditBroker"/>

The above works, but when I change brokerURL to:

brokerURL="vm://localhost?broker.persistent=false&useJmx=false"

or

brokerURL="vm://localhost?broker.persistent=false&broker.useJmx=false"

I get the error listed above.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Re: Broker URI configuration causing SAX errors

Posted by mikey <mi...@zenbitz.com>.
Doh!  Didn't even think about encoding.  That fixed it, thanks and sorry.
While I have your ear, one more quick question if I may...

There is a parameter to configure the broker that disables the scheduler and
I'm fairly confident I don't need the scheduler running, can you tell me
what that param is?  I don't see it on the broker uri documentation page.

Thanks!

Re: Broker URI configuration causing SAX errors

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Try using &amp; instead of &

Cheers
--