Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/05 21:42:46 UTC

Re: [all] Component names for manifests

On 11/19/07, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 5:58 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > New thread:

> > > <snip/>

> > > <snap/>
> > >
> > > I think we should consider updating ${project.name}s to Apache Commons
> > > Foo then.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> My preference is we stick with "Commons Foo" rather than "Apache
> Commons Foo" which is more of a mouthfull. Specifically for the
> manifest since we have "Vendor" entries which say "Apache Software
> Foundation" then IMO duplicating it in the "Title" entries makes no
> sense to me.

<snip/>

Just noticed that ${project.name} affects not only the Manifest, but
also the NOTICE if the remote resources plugin is used (with defaults)
-- see Logging v1.1.1 NOTICE for example. So, if we leave these as
"Commons Foo", one more thing has to be configured (if the said plugin
is used).

-Rahul