Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Frank Tore Johansen <fr...@osc.no> on 2004/10/23 12:40:31 UTC

False positives with FAKED_HOTMAIL_DAV

Hi, I have seen a handfull of these mails triggering FAKED_HOTMAIL_DAV,
which is kind of bad since it adds 3.9 in version 2.63.

Here are the headers in question, and at the bottom comes the scores from
spamassassin.

-Frank.

---

Date:         Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:13:07 +0000
Sender: Hayao Miyazaki Discussion Group <NA...@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU>
From: Lilian Chan <dg...@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ghibli Museum
To: NAUSICAA@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

>From: John Jacobs <jo...@HOTMAIL.COM>
>I was just wondering how to get tickets.
>Plus, have any of you been to it? Is it good?
>I love Ghibli, and I'm proud of being a new fan.

Hi John,

Good for u to be a new fan of Ghibli :)
I live in London and I went to the Museum last month. It was absolutely
fantastic. I nearly cried when I had to leave. I bought the tickets in
Japanese local convenience store, Lawson, after I landed in Tokyo. The
ticketing machine is not hard to use but it might be a bit risky to look for
tickets AFTER you arrive cos tickets for your desired dates may be sold out.
My trip to Japan lasted for 17 days so that was not a problem for me.
According to the official guide, you should purchase tickets from travel
agency in the UK. If you don't understand the purchase guide from the
website, contact the agency directly for details.

MY BUS CENTER
15 Lower Regent St., London SW1Y 4LR, U.K.
Tel: 020-7976-1191 / Facs: 020-7976-1192
mybusuk@jtbe.co.uk

Also take a look at http://anime-tourist.com/article.php?sid=607
It's US-based but provides good guide on how to get to the Museum. Although
the information about the exhibits sounds a bit outdated and I must say I
give much higher praises to the Museum than this article depicts :)

  pts rule name              description
  0.6 FOR_FREE               BODY: No such thing as a free lunch (1)
  0.6 J_CHICKENPOX_21        BODY: 2alpha-pock-1alpha
-1.5 BAYES_01               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 1 to 10%
                             [score: 0.0110]
  0.1 RCVD_IN_SORBS          RBL: SORBS: sender is listed in SORBS
                             [172.202.236.243 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
  0.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL          RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
                             [172.202.236.243 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]
  3.9 FAKED_HOTMAIL_DAV      X-Originating-Email header does not match From

Re: False positives with FAKED_HOTMAIL_DAV

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 12:40 PM 10/23/2004 +0200, Frank Tore Johansen wrote:
>Hi, I have seen a handfull of these mails triggering FAKED_HOTMAIL_DAV,
>which is kind of bad since it adds 3.9 in version 2.63.

The rule has been deleted from the 3.0 series due to FP problems.

Suggestion: zero out the rule until you can upgrade.

By the way, I'd suggest upgrading in a hurry. 2.63 is vulnerable to a
malformed message denial of service attack that was fixed in 2.64 (and is
fixed in 3.0 and 3.0.1)

If for some reason you can't run 3.0 on your system, at least upgrade to
2.64 for security reasons.