Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasenjit Sarkar <pr...@tcs.com> on 2019/10/16 12:14:57 UTC

Need help with Solr Streaming query

Hi,

I am facing issue while working with solr streamimg expression. I am using /export for emiting tuples out of streaming query.Howver when I tried to use not operator in solr query it is not working.The same is working with /select.

Please find the below query

top(n=105,search(<collection_name>,qt="/export",q="-(<solr_field_name>: *c*) ",fl="<filed list>",sort="<sort_field> asc"),sort="<sort_field> asc")

In the above query the not operator q="-(<solr_field_name>: *c*)" is not working with /export.However the same query works when I combine any postive search criteria with the not expression like q="-(<solr_field_name>: *c*) AND (<solr_field_name>: **)". Can you please help here. As running only not query with /export should be a valid use case. I have also checked the solr logs and found no errors when running the not query.The query is just not returning any value and it is returning with no result very fast.

Regards,
Prasenjit Sarkar

Experience certainty. IT Services
Business Solutions
Consulting
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Need help with Solr Streaming query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The NOT operator isn’t a Boolean NOT, so it requires some care, Chris Hostetter wrote a good blog about that. Try

q=*:* -(<solr_field_name>:*c*

The query q=-something really isn’t valid syntax, but some query parsers help you out by silently putting the *:* in front of it. that’s not guaranteed across all parsers though.

Best,
Erick