Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/06/20 03:02:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator.    There have been a bunch
of changes since 2.0-incubator-RC in areas such as performance, JAX-WS
compliance, API cleanups, HTTPS and other security enhancements,
configuration cleanups, and much more.

The staging area is at:
http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take1/

The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
to the m2-incubating-repository.

This release is tagged at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator/

Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
+1

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This vote passes with 17 +1 votes.   I'll start the vote on general@i.a.o
shortly.

Breakdown of votes:
1 mentor/IPMC:   jstrachan
1 ASF member (not yet IPMC):   jgenender
15 CXF commiters:  dkulp, asmyth, blin, ffang, jliu, wjiang, ejohnson,
jmao, jma, eglynn, pjones, jgnodet, ddiephouse, apaibir, tsztelak

No 0 or -1 votes.

Dan

Posted by Peter Jones <pe...@iona.com>.
+1

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 09:02:03PM -0400, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator.    There have been a bunch
> of changes since 2.0-incubator-RC in areas such as performance, JAX-WS
> compliance, API cleanups, HTTPS and other security enhancements,
> configuration cleanups, and much more.
>

> The staging area is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take1/
>
> The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
> The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by pushed
> to the m2-incubating-repository.
>
> This release is tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator/
>

> Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.

--
Peter Jones
IONA Technologies Inc.

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

Posted by "Johnson, Eric" <Er...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by Willem Jiang <ni...@iona.com>.
 Here is my +1 .

Willem.

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 6/29/07, Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On 6/29/07, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > Robert found some issues with the eclipse plugin not containing the
> > LICENSE/NOTICE/DISCLAIMER stuff.    I've rebuilt the eclipse-plugin with
> > those files in place, thus, we need to re-vote.
> >
> > The ONLY change in this is the eclipse-plugin.   I did NOT rebuild
> > anything else.
> >
> > The staging area is at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take2/
> >
> > The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
> > The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by
> > pushed to the m2-incubating-repository.
> >
> > This release is tagged at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator/
> >

> > Here's my +1.
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > On Tuesday 19 June 2007 21:02, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > > This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator.    There have been a
> > > bunch of changes since 2.0-incubator-RC in areas such as performance,
> > > JAX-WS compliance, API cleanups, HTTPS and other security
> > > enhancements, configuration cleanups, and much more.
> > >

> > > The staging area is at:
> > > http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take1/
> > >
> > > The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
> > > The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by
> > > pushed to the m2-incubating-repository.
> > >
> > > This release is tagged at:
> > > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator/
> > >

> > > Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.
> >
> > --
> > J. Daniel Kulp
> > Principal Engineer
> > IONA
> > P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194
> > daniel.kulp@iona.com
> > http://www.dankulp.com/blog
> >

> --
> Dan Diephouse
> Envoi Solutions

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
+1

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
+1

[RESULT][VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I'm going to close the vote with a result of PASS.

There were 16 +1 votes on the updated code and no +0 or -1 votes.

4 +1 votes from IPMC members:
     jstrachan, jjagielski, dims, robert
1 +1 votes from ASF member (hopefully soon to be IPMC):
     jgenender
11 +1 votes from CXF committers:
     dkulp, ddiephouse, apaibir, blin, jmao, ffang, jliu, tsztelak,
     gnodet, jma, eglynn

I'll start moving the stuff from the staging area to the release
locations now.

Thanks for all who took the time to look at it!   The CXF team is excited
about this release.

Dan

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.
+1
Freeman

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Tomek Sztelak <ts...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 7/2/07, Liu, Jervis <jl...@iona.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Jervis

-----
When one of our products stops working, we'll blame another vendor
within 24 hours.

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
+1

Jervis

Posted by "Paibir, Ajay" <aj...@iona.com>.
+1

Ajay

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by "Glynn, Eoghan" <eo...@iona.com>.
+1

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

[VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator - attempt 2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
Daniel Kulp wrote:

>This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator.    There have been a bunch
>of changes since 2.0-incubator-RC in areas such as performance, JAX-WS
>compliance, API cleanups, HTTPS and other security enhancements,
>configuration cleanups, and much more.

It really has matured and will make a release CXF developers can be
proud of.
+1.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Jun 19, 2007, at 9:02 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> This is a vote to release CXF 2.0-incubator.    There have been a
> bunch
> of changes since 2.0-incubator-RC in areas such as performance, JAX-WS
> compliance, API cleanups, HTTPS and other security enhancements,
> configuration cleanups, and much more.
>

> The staging area is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0_incubator_take1/
>
> The distributions are in the "distributions" directory.
> The "maven2_repository" directory contains the stuff that will by
> pushed
> to the m2-incubating-repository.
>
> This release is tagged at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0-incubator/
>

> Here is my +1.   The vote will be open here for 72 hours.

I see no issues: +1

Re: [VOTE] Release CXF 2.0-incubator

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.
For Eclipse STP related issue, STP folks agreed to work around the minor
issue, so it is not necessary to be included in release; as for JBI
sample issue, it is also a minor issue with pathelement in build.xml, so
I think we are ready to go.

Here is my hearty +1.

Cheers,
Bo

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
+1 to the release as it stands. I think we should do a quick follow up with
2.0.1 for any bugs we find in this release. I'll start a separate thread
detailing reasoning for that though. Let me know if it addresses your
objections sufficiently.

Cheers,
- Dan

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.