Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jo...@barclays.com on 2012/05/08 18:03:22 UTC

How to compile some modules with a specific JDK, the rest with default JDK

Hello Maven users,

It is possible to tell maven to compile a specific module with a different JDK than the rest of the project?

So say than the master pom has this:

.
|-- X
|-- Y
|-- Z

Now Y and Z require the new JDK, while X can use the default (there is no dependency between X, Y and Z).

So far the documentation I found explains how to override the JDK for the whole project:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Compile+and+Test+with+Different+JDK+Versions

Thanks in advance,

--Jose

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute
it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received
it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a
solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or
service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer.
By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays offers premier investment banking
products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England
(number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may
relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.

Re: How to compile some modules with a specific JDK, the rest with default JDK

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Just so you know, a far far better way to do this is to use toolchains.xml

Posted by jo...@barclays.com.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.