Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/09/29 20:10:29 UTC

Re: [ANNOUNCE]: mod_perl 1.99_10

Stas Bekman wrote:
> The uploaded file
>
>     mod_perl-1.99_10.tar.gz

This release:

  - is the first release to support the hashing randomization in perl 5.8.1.
  - requires httpd 2.0.46 or higher

Re: How to attach a hashref or other data to the request object?

Posted by Matisse Enzer <ma...@hamparts.com>.
Thank you.

This works just fine.

At 3:03 PM -0700 9/29/03, Daisuke Maki wrote:
>Check out $r->pnotes().
>
>    $r->pnotes( OurHash => { foobar => 1 } );
>
>--d
>
>Matisse Enzer wrote:
>
>>Is there an appropriate way in mod_perl 2 for me to take a hashref
>>and somehow add it to the Apache request object so that Perl code
>>later in the request handling process can access it, for example
>>with:
>>     my $hash = $r->{OurHash};
>>or something like that?
>>
>>Specifcally what i am trying to do is to take a hash created using
>>Apache::Session (a tied hash) and have a reference to that hash be
>>available in the Apache request object for the rest of the
>>request's lifetime.

Matisse Enzer
Hamilton Partners
707-431-4300 ext. 212 (office)
415-225-6703 (mobile)

Re: How to attach a hashref or other data to the request object?

Posted by Daisuke Maki <da...@wafu.ne.jp>.
Check out $r->pnotes().

    $r->pnotes( OurHash => { foobar => 1 } );

--d

Posted by Praveen Ray <pr...@crcnet1.com>.
Try the pnotes method:
$r->pnotes(MyHash => $your_session_hash);
then later in other handlers...
my $sess_hash = $r->pnotes('MyHash');

Re: [ANNOUNCE]: mod_perl 1.99_10

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

The Doctor wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:10:29AM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>>The uploaded file
>>>
>>>   mod_perl-1.99_10.tar.gz
>>
>>This release:
>>
>> - is the first release to support the hashing randomization in perl 5.8.1.
>> - requires httpd 2.0.46 or higher
>>

> What about support for httpd-2.1.0-dev?

well, you shouldn't have any trouble compiling or using 1.99_10 with httpd
2.1.  the only issues really relate to what makes 2.1 different than 2.0,
and the only things that come to mind there are authentication and the
mod_include rewrite.

if you are interested in the new authentication hooks, you can see the CPAN
module and article I wrote on it.

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/08/mod_perl.html

http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-AuthenHook-2.00_01/

while that code doesn't work on threaded mpms, it should be pretty easy to
see how you can just write your own authen hook instead of using that
module.  and I've recently decided to redo the module anyway so that I can
support threads - the interface will be less transparent, but it will work
in a threaded environment.

as for mod_include, support for #perl sections was entirely missing until a
few weeks ago, when I release Apache::IncludeHook

http://search.cpan.org/~geoff/Apache-IncludeHook-2.00_01/

though I haven't gotten around to writing it against 2.1 yet.

are there other features you are interested in that you don't have access to
with 1.99_10?  if there are, I'd be happy to work on integrating them,
whether in a CPAN module or in core, depending on the circumstances.  if you
haven't guessed, 2.1 interests me :)

--Geoff

Re: [ANNOUNCE]: mod_perl 1.99_10

Posted by The Doctor <do...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>.
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:10:29AM -0700, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
> >The uploaded file
> >
> >    mod_perl-1.99_10.tar.gz
>
> This release:
>
>  - is the first release to support the hashing randomization in perl 5.8.1.
>  - requires httpd 2.0.46 or higher

What about support for httpd-2.1.0-dev?

Member - Liberal International	On 11 Sept 2001 the WORLD was violated.
This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca	Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
Society MUST be saved! Extremists must dissolve.
Ontario on 2 Octo 2003, VOTE LIBERAL!!

Re: [ANNOUNCE]: mod_perl 1.99_10

Posted by The Doctor <do...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>.