Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/09/21 23:29:28 UTC

JIRA and svn commit

Hi,

a JIRA issue gets automatically updated with the svn commits if the svn
commit message starts with a the JIRA issue number (e.g JDO-139). You
see the commits in the JIRA issue if you click the 'All'- or 'Subversion
Commits'-link below the description window:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-139?page=all

The 'Files changed' lists all the changes. But I get an exception when
clicking the link for a changed file:
An Exception Has Occurred
An illegal value
("/incubator/jdo/trunk/tck20/test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/transactions/Rollback.java")
was passed as a parameter.

Any idea?

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: JIRA and svn commit

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Jeff,

This will make JIRA very much more useful.

Thanks!

Craig

On Sep 21, 2005, at 4:57 PM, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 04:19:59PM -0700, Craig Russell wrote:
>
>> FYI. The automatic link to the change files is extremely useful. Any
>> chance we can get the fix applied to the Apache JIRA installation?
>>

> Yes, it will be fixed within the next week, once we upgrade to Jira
> 3.3.2:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-354
>

> --Jeff
>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: JIRA and svn commit

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Looks like this is a bug reported in February. It was fixed in June.
I guess the link which should have been generated should have been
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=290570

The value for rev should have been the revision number instead of the
file path.

You can click on the link below to learn more about the issue:
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SVN-18

Hope this helps.

--
Karan Singh

Re: JIRA and svn commit

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

I tried to navigate to Rollback.java using viewcvs at svn.apache.org.
Below is the link to that:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/jdo/trunk/tck20/test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/transactions/Rollback.java?rev=290570&view=markup

However, for some reason the link created on the JIRA issue points to:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=/incubator/jdo/trunk/tck20/test/java/org/apache/jdo/tck/transactions/Rollback.java

It seems like JIRA is not creating the correct link when you commit.

--
Karan Singh