Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Olsen <sy...@jbother.org> on 2005/11/24 00:17:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange problem

We are using perl and apache2 for our software.  With our software, our
users have the ability to upload an optional 4 images via an html form
(sometimes the images can be quite big, they are from digital cameras).
  While and image is uploading, apache2 queues all other requests until
the upload completes.  I have confirmed this by watching the process
list and attempting to upload a large image.  While it's uploading, I
can watch the processes stack up.  They do this until I hit stop on my
browser, and then they all get sent.  This is really causing a huge
problem, because it's a pretty high volume site, and if someone on
dialup is uploading a 1MB image, the server is virtually unuseable.

Note that during an image upload, the server's CPU load is usually
floating around 90% idle, and there's plenty of memory left.

Any ideas on this one would be appreciated.