Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Flores, Paul A." <PA...@SAIC.COM> on 2017/12/08 15:58:52 UTC

Re: Need help compiling in Visual Studio QPID C++ - Updated (Proton Success!)

If anyone is interested I was able to build QPID Proton in Visual Studio Community 2017.  Positive contributing "steps" are as follows.:

* Use the following CMake build command that sets up the build environment (Thanks Chuck!)

* Make sure you have the VC++ 2017 v141 toolset (x86,x64) in you Visual Studio configuration

* Open the Proton.sln in Visual Studio review the ALL_BUILD properties to insure that the "Windows SDK Version"is set to 10.0.16299.0 and the "Platform Toolset" is set to Visual Studio 2017 (v141).

Working on QPID CPP just need to get a "Link.exe" issue resolved.....

And as usual.. results may vary...

Paul

CMake command:

CMake -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" -DBUILD_BINDING_DOTNET=OFF -DBUILD_DOCS=YES  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\qpid-proton-0.18.0\install_2017_x64 -DBoost_COMPILER=-vc141 -DBOOST_ROOT="C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_65_0" -DINSTALL_QMFGEN=No -DRUBY_EXECUTABLE="C:\Program Files\Rby22-x64\bin\ruby.exe" -DSWIG_EXECUTABLE="C:\Program Files\swigwin-3.0.12" -DSWIG_DIR="C:\Program Files\swigwin-3.0.12" C:\qpid-proton-0.18.0