Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org> on 2019/06/13 01:12:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.0 [RC2]

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.0, release
candidate 2.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release! You can read the
proposed release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/7854

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.15.0-incubating-rc2 (44c9323), available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.15.0-incubating-rc2

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.15.0-incubating-rc2/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/jihoonson.asc. This key and the key
of other committers can also be found in the project's KEYS file here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS

(If you are a committer, please feel free to add your own key to that file
by following the instructions in the file's header.)

Please review the proposed artifacts and vote. Please note that Apache has
specific
requirements that must be met before +1 binding votes can be cast by PMC
members. Please refer to the policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy for more details.

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running: mvn clean install -Papache-release -Dtar

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours but likely more, in following
the Druid community's practice of deploying the RC to larger clusters and
allowing it to soak for a period of time to flush out any remaining issues.
The vote will pass if a majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.0
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thanks!
Jihoon

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.15.0 [RC2]

Posted by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

src:
- verified hash and signature
- checked LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER
- ran unit tests and compiled binary distribution
- ran RAT check
- ran integration tests
- ran all of the quickstart ingestion tutorials from the compiled binary

bin:
- verified hash and signature
- checked LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER
- ran all of the quickstart ingestion tutorials
- verified META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:Build-Revision tag in JAR files matches
source distribution git.version (44c932300b8e5fb627c4598d283a35403524ea18)

Posted by Surekha Saharan <su...@imply.io>.
+1

Posted by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
Thanks Julian,

that file is a generated file and was accidentally added. I should have
compared to git repository, but I thought it's just a normal file since it
was in the source tarball created from a newly cloned local repository.
I'm looking into this issue and will make sure that file won't be included
in the future releases.

Jihoon

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)