Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Noyce, Ben W." <bn...@petroleumplace.com> on 2002/06/06 18:23:29 UTC

Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3 SSL woes

Greetings everyone,

We are running into some interesting scenarios with Apache 1.3, Tomcat 3.2.3, and SSL.  Hoping for some insight, we turn to you...

Setting:
We are running Apache 1.3 with mod_ssl on top of Linux Red Hat 7.+.  Tomcat 3.2.3 is configured without SSL support.  Our mod_jk.so has been compiled without EAPI.

Problem:
Intermittently during an Internet Explorer session, an SSL request will return a 'Page not found' error.  During a Netscape session, some SSL form posts will result in the printing of an HTTP header on the web page along with Hex displaced at certain points within the page.

Question:
What the heck is happening here?  Everything was extremely happy until the implementation of SSL.  Since however, SSL requests randomly get dropped or garbled - leading us to believe that this is a server configuration issue.  Are we correct in this belief?  Anywhere that we can turn?  Any ideas?

Humbly yours,

BWN