Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/05/27 23:57:28 UTC

Move to Maven RC 3

Hi,

I will start to use the latest Maven RC3 as opposed the old beta-10
version we have been using.  I might have to massage a couple things
here and there with the build.   However overall the biggest effect will
be to the website.  Basically I cannot get maven to accept the old style
sheet so I figured we'd go with whatever maven produces out of the box
instead for the sitedocs.

I will eventually update the site and the build as I add to the RMS and
Snickers documentation over the course of the weekend.

--Alex

Re: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
> Gotcha. There's stylesheet and then there's stylesheet :) You can
> replace the Jelly stylesheet like this, but someone rewrote the Maven
> one in the xdoc plugin between RC1 and RC2. This turned out to be a
> fairly bad move, breaking stuff like this, not allowing the classic
> theme (which I've put back since), etc.

That clarifies things.  I'll layoff the pseudo stylesheet.

Thanks again.
--Alex

P.S. You're doing a great job - 1.0 should be around the corner.

Re: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 19:18, Brett Porter wrote:
>

>>Alex,
>>
>>What do you mean by old style sheet?
>>

>Yeah it was a style sheet that I ripped off of Avalon.  Here's a link to
>it in subversion:
>
>http://keybarce.notlong.com
>
>It just made Jelly choke so I abandoned even messing with it.  By the
>way everything else seems like a smooth ride with RC3.

Gotcha. There's stylesheet and then there's stylesheet :) You can
replace the Jelly stylesheet like this, but someone rewrote the Maven
one in the xdoc plugin between RC1 and RC2. This turned out to be a
fairly bad move, breaking stuff like this, not allowing the classic
theme (which I've put back since), etc.

Changing the JSL puts you on your own because you're basically
transforming the xdoc into some other type of XHTML. Unless you really
need to fudge with the order of the HTML, I wouldn't bother.

You can provide your own CSS as I discussed in the other email, and
recommend doing this if you don't like the two provided. This will lete
you modify the colours, layout (to an extent) and so on.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@codehaus.org>.
Alex,

What do you mean by old style sheet? If you have your own CSS, you can
specify it with "maven.xdoc.theme.url". If you just want the beta-10

RE: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
You know I don't know for sure - I guess i just don't remember what that
looked like.  Just in case have a quick look over here and let me know:

http://www.apache.org/~akarasulu/stateful-codec-docs/

--Alex

RE: Move to Maven RC 3

Posted by Jeff Machols <jm...@comcast.net>.
Does this version use the empty gif images for the menu when creating
the web pages?

> Hi,
>
> I will start to use the latest Maven RC3 as opposed the old beta-10
> version we have been using.  I might have to massage a couple things
> here and there with the build.   However overall the biggest effect
will
> be to the website.  Basically I cannot get maven to accept the old
style
> sheet so I figured we'd go with whatever maven produces out of the box
> instead for the sitedocs.
>
> I will eventually update the site and the build as I add to the RMS
and
> Snickers documentation over the course of the weekend.
>
> --Alex
>

> ---

---