Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrew Sasak <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/02 17:46:04 UTC

query server version

Is there a way to query the server version using the svn command?

Re: query server version

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:46, Andrew Sasak wrote:

> Is there a way to query the server version using the svn command?

I don't think so.

If you're serving the repository using Apache, you can view the
repository in a web browser to see the version, e.g.:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/

"Powered by Subversion version 1.5.0 (r31699)."

You could use curl or wget and sed or awk if you want a way to get
that information from the command line.

If you have ssh access to the Subversion server, you could get the
information with something like

ssh servername "svn --version"

RE: query server version

Posted by Roger Lipscombe <ro...@1e.com>.
If they're running Apache+mod_dav_svn, rather than svnserve, it should be in the Server: HTTP header, assuming that ServerSignature is on. Use wget or netcat or similar.

Posted by Andrew Sasak <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: query server version

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.