Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com> on 2018/06/18 19:53:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Website Down - Help Really Needed

On 18 Jun 2018, at 13:21, Macksymil Marketplace <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sudo -i /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf-bash: /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf: Permission denied

Not sure why you’re using sudo?

The error in the screenshot specifically points to line 31 in the conf file above, so…

Also, what version of apache?

--
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It
explains a lot about them.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Website Down - Help Really Needed

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:59 PM Macksymil Marketplace
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to use it without the sudo I get the same permission error.
>
> /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

You should edit a configuration file, not try to execute it.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Website Down - Help Really Needed

Posted by Greg <gr...@gmail.com>.
Your best bet is to try to ls -al the file to show the permissions.

The way you're writing up your command makes no sense.

sudo -i /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf-bash:
/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf: Permission denied

It would appear you're trying to execute the 000-default.conf file, this
file doesn't have permissions to be executable by you or in this case,
root(sudo -i su's to root).
I don't think it should either. You should be editing the file, not
trying to execute it.

I would suggest running sudo -i ls -al
/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default-conf  or sudo -i vi
/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default-conf  to edit it. I used vi,
but you can switch that out with your favorite editor.

Thank you,
Greg Borbonus
*Nix Server administrator
832-699-0461