Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Garrick Van Schalkwyk <Gv...@pps.co.za> on 2006/09/12 08:33:27 UTC

Checking out code

Hi All,

Is there any way that I can increase the logging level when a Code check out is taking place? I am using CVS and the check out process is taking exceptionally long with no messaging occurring. I would like to set a higher logging level at this point to see what exactly is happening during this period.

Thanks,

Garrick

RE: Checking out code

Posted by Garrick Van Schalkwyk <Gv...@pps.co.za>.
Hi Emmanuel,

I am trying to see if there is any activity what so ever, be it cvs or continuum. I am having a problem with constant timeouts and am trying to indentify any possible errors.

Regards,
Garrick

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

RE: Checking out code

Re: Checking out code

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

JVM appears hung: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.

Posted by Mattias Andersson <ma...@caleotech.com>.
Hi all,

One of the most frequent errors that I see with continuum is that the
wrapper thinks the JVM is hung and restarts continuum. I think that's a
little bit strange especially since there is no build going on. At least I
think so since the ContinuumBuildExecutor:shell prints - Exit code: 0
which I interpret as the build is finished. I suspect there is a bug in
continuum sine it happens after builds has finished and there is no load
on the machine. I know that that you can set the timeout in the
wrapper.conf to a higher value but I don't think that is the correct
solution. Has anyone else seen this problem and have a solution for it? I
run a continuum 1.0.3 on Windows 2003 Advanced Server. Logs attached.

Regards,
    /Mattias

INFO   | jvm 7    | 2006/09/11 23:48:47 | 2006-09-11 23:48:47,343
[Thread-2] INFO  ContinuumBuildExecutor:shell   - Exit code: 0
ERROR  | wrapper  | 2006/09/11 23:49:43 | JVM appears hung: Timed out
waiting for signal from JVM.
ERROR  | wrapper  | 2006/09/11 23:49:43 | JVM did not exit on request,
terminated
STATUS | wrapper  | 2006/09/11 23:49:48 | Launching a JVM...
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2006/09/11 23:49:51 | Wrapper (Version 3.1.2)
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2006/09/11 23:49:51 |
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2006/09/11 23:49:52 | [INFO] Services will be deployed
in: '../../services'.
INFO   | jvm 8    | 2006/09/11 23:49:52 | [INFO] Applications will be
deployed in: '../../apps'.