Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Adrian Trenaman <ad...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/08 10:43:47 UTC

Jencks container sometimes hangs when maxMessagesPerSessions is < maxSessions

I've found that if I configure Jencks with a low maxMessagesPerSessions (e.g.
3) and a higher maxSessions (e.g. 8) then my consumers hang after about 30
messages and no more messages get consumed.

Any idea why this might be? I find that if I make the maxMessagesPerSessions
(which AFAIK matches the queue prefetch value) higher then it seems to work.
I'm happy to do this, but I'm puzzled as to why this occurs.

Any help gratefully accepted - sample Spring config below.

/Ade

    <bean id="listenerJcaConnector" class="org.jencks.JCAConnector">
        <property name="jcaContainer" ref="jencksContainer"/>
        <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
        <property name="activationSpec">
		    <bean class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec">
				<property name="destination" value="RA.REQUEST"/>
				<property name="destinationType" value="javax.jms.Queue"/>
 				<property name="maxSessions" value="8"/>
				<property name="maxMessagesPerSessions" value="3"/> <!-- effectively,
this just matches the prefetch size -->

		    </bean>
        </property>
        <property name="ref" value="messageListener"/>
    </bean>

Re: Jencks container sometimes hangs when maxMessagesPerSessions is < maxSessions

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <ad...@googlemail.com>.
I've created issue AMQ-2056 to track this...