Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anders Högqvist <ho...@hotmail.com> on 2001/04/05 17:59:45 UTC

Auth TagLib and SQL Server

Hi!

I am now testing Ulrich Mayring's auth taglib but I got some problem connecting to an SQL Server.

When using esql taglib and sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver it worked, but when I try the samples that follows the auth taglib (with stored procedures) the only thing I get is "You are not authenticated". I have changed all the settings in login.xml with the same database data as in the esql-test. What am I forgetting here?

/Anders Högqvist

Re: Auth TagLib and SQL Server

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Anders H�gqvist wrote:

> Mr. Mayring!
>
> The jdbc example worked nice.
>
> But I wonder, when is the stored procedure called from the taglib. I get
> "You are not authenticated" before I have entered any login and password and
> pressed login. Isn't the procedure called after you press login? And if
> that's the case, why do I get the error before?

Yeah, the taglib says "You are not authenticated" when you haven't logged
in yet. If you tried to authenticate, but it fails, then it says
"Authentication failed."

> And do you plan to make it work with SQL servers in the future?

I have no SQL server, so I can't. I have only Sybase and for the other
databases I depend on other people doingit.

Ulrich

Re: Auth TagLib and SQL Server

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.