Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ali Mesbah <al...@West.NL> on 2003/06/11 15:06:03 UTC

Exception JSPReader.generate()

Hi all,
I get the following error when I try to run the JSP samples. I have Cocoon 2.1
and I run it as a servlet (which uses Jetty):

"org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception JSPReader.generate():
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet"

The jsp-engine is defined as follows in the cocoon.xconf:

<jsp-engine logger="core.jsp-engine">
  <parameter name="servlet-class"
    value="org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet"/>
  <parameter name="servlet-name" value="*.jsp"/>
 </jsp-engine>

This is for when you run Cocoon as a webapp under Tomcat I assume. But what
should it be when Cocoon runs as a standalone servlet (./cocoon servlet)?

-- Ali Mesbah, West Consulting B.V., www.west.nl, +31 15 2191600